Welcome to The Hump! Podcast …. In episode 20 of The Hump! Podcast: The Bucket List …. hosts Brent Bowen and Chad Beland talk the life experiences that comprise their respective “Bucket Lists.”
Chad commits to his bucket list on a regular basis, constantly scratching items off the list — and occasionally adding activities that hit a chord. Brent, on the other hand, keeps his list nice and short and embraces the surprises that surprise him each day. Still, Luke Perry’s untimely passing got him thinking a bit more about what he’d still like to accomplish in life.
The Hump! Podcast Episode 20 Show Notes – The Bucket List
If You Missed The First Several Episodes
Miss the first several episodes of The Hump! Show?
- You can watch replays on Facebook. (You also can catch us LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook.)
- Listen to episodes on The Hump! Podcast Archive page
- Subscribe to us (be sure to rate us and leave us a comment, too) on your favorite Podcast platform, such as iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Google, Spotify and Stitcher
In Ep. 20 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad Talk Near Death Experiences and Bucket List Items …
But before they discuss The Bucket List, Brent and Chad …
- Share a few toasts while downing some Lagunitas Imperial Stout.
- Their toasts of the week include …
- Becca’s Uncle Rick. The fellas reminisce about the man who was a consummate gentleman and had a sly sense of humor.
- Future guest and KC craft beer influencer Alana Gwinner of Eleven Three KC.
- Brent’s snowblower and Becca’s neighborly ways (earning the Bowens some cookies 🍪 — literally)
- What we’re up to …
- Brent and Becca enjoyed Kansas City Young Audiences‘ First Fridays TA-DA! Art Benefit at the Buttonwood Art Space.
- Chad says membership at City Barrel Brewing is a must! Get it to unlock the secret beer door 🤫
- With family flocking into town, Brent and Becca canceled their Spring Break plans. Instead they held a short staycation. Their AirBnB was on point.
- Chad visiting Florida and excited to explore 3 Sons Brewing Co. in Dania Beach.
- Chad gives a shout out to season 3 of Queer Eye, which was filmed here in Kansas City.
- Stealing clues from the Game of Thrones trailer … (Grown man tears … and how the final season is like your last Christmas as a child.)
This Week’s Topic — The Bucket List
So … do you keep a bucket list?
In Their Bucket List Discussion, The Fellas:
Talk Why a Bucket List Works or Doesn’t For Them …
Chad and his wife, Di, keep their list on their phones. To them, life is about experiences. Di keeps both a life-long list and a yearly list.
Some items on Di’s list:
- See an NHL Hockey game
- Go camping (really go camping — and not in a cabin. A tent. First world problems.)
- Ziplining was a past list item
Our producer, Grant, keeps a Summer List of things he wants to do with friends.
Chad’s list contains:
- Visit 50 countries (he’s been to 14) and 50 states (35 so far)
- Scuba dive in the Red Sea
- See the Northern Lights (did you know you can see the Aurora from Alaska? Don’t believe us, see …)
Travel Channel State-by-State Bucket List
About the time the gents recorded this episode, the Travel Channel published a list of 50 States of Bucket List Adventures.
Alabama has Space Camp. See the American Gothic painting in Iowa. Herd longhorn in Kansas (Brent’s life experience includes castrating cattle — one less thing on Brent’s list). Bonne Terre Mine in Missouri peaks Chad’s curiosity. It’s an intense diving experience looming just outside of St. Louis.
But Ohio … Not the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame. No sir. Not Canton, Ohio, and the NFL Hall of Fame. Nope. Not even currently en vogue Columbus. It’s the roller coaster capital of what …. Really?
Stepping Up to The Bucket List Challenge
Can Brent and Becca step up to the challenge. Brent says their list is pretty conventional …. A trip to Venice, Italy, publishing a novel or even scaling a rock climbing wall would make the list.
Now, Chad and Brent’s near-death experiences may be more interesting. The boys admit to throwing steel-tipped darts at one another (idiots), jumping out of boat at thirty miles an hour, and nearly dying white water rafting on a stretch of Colorado River called “The Numbers.” (It almost did a number on Brent, so no more boulder sits for him.).
The fellas have had their moments! Chad has tried his hand at skydiving. And Brent found himself on a Lake Tahoe stage in front of a few thousand people singing with Michael Franti. Next up … Emmitt Smith.
Surprisingly, Brent does not consider this a near-death experience.
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move …
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call someone who travels to a foreign land and expects all of the comforts of home?
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep it clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or defamatory information).
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook (and sometimes Instagram — when it works).
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …