Welcome to The Hump! Podcast … In episode 43 of The Hump! Podcast: Drink Notes … The fellas are back just the two of them for the first time in weeks! They chat about their past few guests, the beer community and drinking!
The fellas continue season three, recording in person, which you can catch on Facebook… chatting all things inane and profound (have you actually listened to the show).
And this episode’s Triple D: What do you call someone who shows up to the house they used to own — absolutely hammered, drink in hand — and requests a tour?
The Hump! Podcast Episode 43 Show Notes – Drink Notes
If You Missed The First Two Seasons
Miss the first season or so of The Hump! Show?
- You can watch replays on Facebook. (You also can catch us LIVE 6 p.m. CST most Thursdays on Facebook.)
- Listen to episodes on The Hump! Podcast Archive page.
- Subscribe to us (be sure to rate us and leave us a comment, too) on your favorite Podcast platform, such as iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Google, Spotify and Stitcher.
In Ep. 43 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad chat about past guests, breweries, and drinking beer! What Craft Beers Are The Fellas Drinking?
- Chad is drinking a Four Hands State-Wide Pale Ale. Brent says the can looks very Game of Throneish.
- Brent is drinking the Stereohopic IPA from Lagunitas. He says has really been digging their beer lately!
- Chad and Brent talk about enjoying hanging out more and going to the new Torn Label, drinking beer, and eating pizza.
… We’ve had some thoughtful guests on the past two weeks
Roxi and Cory – From Drink KC – With our firsts guests of the three the fellas talked about wine, beer, and kind of everything. The Fellas reminisce about talking about the east coast beers and breweries.
Alana Gwinner was on next and they talked about the good and bad things happening in the beer industry especially in the last year.
Clifford Stephen from Booze Vacation was our last guest in the series and came on to talk about not drinking.
What struck you about the conversations we had with them?
Talking with Roxi and Cory from Drink KC the fellas got to learn about some new breweries popping up in KC like Nimble and some changing locations like Borders. Brent says he doesn’t recall ever going to Nimble but found a can of their beer in his fridge after they had the conversation. Chad jumps in and explains he gave it to him. Brent said that made sense over beer just magically appearing in his fridge (although we all wish that would happen). Chad explains that Nimble opened last year in the middle of the pandemic and so he wanted to support them by buying their beer every once and a while.
One of the things Brent really loved hearing about was from Alana. This was about her creating a Crème Ale in the near future which is one of Brent’s favorite things.
Speaking about being struck … what did you think about that Today Show bit a few weeks back with Chris Gandsy?
- Chad recaps it by saying that currently their at about 8,500 craft breweries in the U.S. which is an all-time high. However, only 60 of them are black-owned. This Today Show piece was about Chris Gandsy who is trying to change that! Chad also heard an announcement recently that coming in 2022, Vine Street Brewing will open as the first black-owned Brewery in KC.
The last guest we took our conversation down a different path in our beer journey – no booze – boozevacation.com
Chad says he understands it, it makes sense that it is probably healthier to not drink. But he says why would you want to stop completely unless it was a health problem? Chad said he lives by the motto do whatever you want just don’t be a dick. Brent agreed but he says Clifford impresses him with his control of going a full year without it. They discuss they had a friend who would occasionally take two months off from drinking to prove that he could. However, once this friend started the two months he would be marking days off the calendar, and on the first day he could, he would get wasted. Clifford talked about this as rollercoasting and they all agree that this is counterproductive to stopping in the first place.
The conversation that they had about the Harm scale was very interesting to Brent. They discussed about alcohol can be one of the worst drugs even beating out heroin. Chad agrees it is kind of dumb but that it is just because the government decided a long time ago that alcohol was okay but weed is horrible. They discuss how Chad took a trip to Utah a few years ago and how restrictive they are on alcohol there. The oldest craft brewery in KC is actually Free State and it opened in 1991 which says a lot about how Kanas and living in the bible belt. They end their discussion by raising a glass to the luminaries in the beer community that passed away recently (which they discussed on the podcast with Alana Gwinner).
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move …
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call someone who shows up to the house they used to own – absolutley hammered, drink in hand – and requests a tour?“
Brent gives the backstory on this one. It happened at his house just a few weeks ago and it is a whole story that you’ll definitely want to tune in to hear. Just a snippet from it, Brent debates beating the former homeowner with a spatula. Initial thoughts from Chad is that Brent is the dumbass for letting him in the house! Brent argues he didn’t realize they were drunk and didn’t know the whole story when he said they could come in. Brent says to start that there is always a lot of dumbassery that comes with being drunk. They go through the whole gambit of options but finally agree on one. Listen and find out which one they chose!
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …
- He Says She Says KC Facebook Page and like/follow us if you haven’t already …
- Or … simply subscribe to us and rate us/ leave us a comment on your favorite Podcast platform, such as Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Spotify and Stitcher
- Also check out the He Says She Says KC blog … and subscribe to the newsletter