Welcome to The Hump! Podcast … In episode 41 of The Hump! Podcast: The Best of Beer, Worst of Beer … The fellas are back again with guest Alana Gwinner, proprietor of Eleven Three KC. This time they chat about some luminaries in the beer community that recently passed away, as well as what has us encouraged about the beer community.
The fellas continue season three, recording in person, which you can catch on Facebook… chatting all things inane and profound (have you actually listened to the show).
And this episode’s Triple D: What do you call someone who slams beers and gets hammered during a beer class?
The Hump! Podcast Episode 41 Show Notes – The Best of Beer … Worst of Beer
If You Missed The First Two Seasons
Miss the first season or so of The Hump! Show?
- You can watch replays on Facebook. (You also can catch us LIVE 6 p.m. CST most Thursdays on Facebook.)
- Listen to episodes on The Hump! Podcast Archive page.
- Subscribe to us (be sure to rate us and leave us a comment, too) on your favorite Podcast platform, such as iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Google, Spotify and Stitcher.
In Ep. 41 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad along with guest Alana Gwinner chat about losing people in the beer community and what has us encouraged about the beer scene! What Craft Beers Are The Fellas Drinking?
- Alana made herself a beer margarita with Apex Aleworks Berliner Weiss, tequila, and mango juice.
- Chad is drinking a Dogfish Head 90 minute Imperial IPA. Brent is drinking whatever Chad brings him, which this week is Lagunitas Stereo Hopic IPA.
The Best of Beer… Worst of Beer
As part of our drink series, we wanted to invite a friend of the program onto the show …
Alana Gwinner is the proprietor of Eleven Three KC where she currently writes reviews … journals … and keeps our community up to date on the local craft beer scene.
Now.. we’ve lost some luminaries in recent weeks… what are some of your best memories of Richard Moore at Martin City Brewing and Rodney Beagle (Big Rip, Colony, and 3Halves)?
- Alana says she never Richard Moore but knows his son Matt who she says is incredibly kind. She says he must have gotten it from his father based on the wonderful things she has heard about him.
- On the other hand, she met Rodney a few years ago at a beer festival in Lawrence and they got to talking. She says he was so passionate about beer and very nice and creative in everything he did. She says it was really nice to see people at his memorial and share such positive memories of this great man.
- Learn more about Richard Moore and Rodney Beagle.
What has you encouraged about the beer community?
- Alana says that she loves that it is ever-evolving. Even during the pandemic, she has seen several craft breweries open in the KC area. Chad mentions it is exciting seeing breweries growing even during this tough past year.
Where are the places around KC that have you excited?
- Alana says all of them. They all bring something different and different perspectives on beer. She hasn’t been out much in the last year but Transparent in Grand View has been open for a little less than a year and she says their beer and restaurant is very good. Chad says while he doesn’t know much about it he always thinks that microbreweries should just do a handful of beers really well. You don’t have to do everything he says, find your niche.
- Alana also shares that she is going to be brewing a beer with Apex. It will be a Logger but an unusual one that will include ube, coconut, and a dash of cayenne. She also mentions that a group of women in the beer community are getting together to brew a beer together.
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent, Chad, and Alana play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move …
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call someone who slams beers and gets hammered during a beer class?“
Brent and Chad saw these people at a beer class. Brent says he thinks about what he wanted to get out of that class and then what those people got out of it. If you go in with the intent of learning and then get hammered it is a different D than someone just coming to get hammered. Find out which one the fellas ended up settling on by listening to this weeks podcast!
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …
- He Says She Says KC Facebook Page and like/follow us if you haven’t already …
- Or … simply subscribe to us and rate us/ leave us a comment on your favorite Podcast platform, such as Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Spotify and Stitcher
- Also check out the He Says She Says KC blog … and subscribe to the newsletter