Welcome to The Hump! Podcast …. In episode 26 of The Hump! Podcast: We Are The Champions … hosts Brent Bowen and Chad Beland cheer each other up revisiting the Chiefs Super Bowl victory, talking the 2020 NFL Draft and finally having the last pick. They also discuss the draft format, the upcoming NFL season, and brag about the dubious distinction of being excellent liars on virtual game nights.
Who rules Jackbox? Brent and Chad do.
DJ Kay Fan joins this week as music guest to talk COVID-19 DJ plight and spin a track.
The fellas continue season two (safely from the confines of their respective homes using Squadcast.fm) chatting the Kansas City Chiefs (they WERE on the clock) and their gaming skills.
And this episode’s Triple D: Please don’t get too close. We don’t know if you’ve heard, but there’s a pandemic going around. How #$* do you have to be?
The Hump! Podcast Episode 26 Show Notes – We Are The Champions
If You Missed The First Season
Miss the first season or so of The Hump! Show?
- You can watch replays on Facebook. (You also can catch us LIVE 6 p.m. CST most Thursdays on Facebook.)
- Listen to episodes on The Hump! Podcast Archive page
- Subscribe to us (be sure to rate us and leave us a comment, too) on your favorite Podcast platform, such as iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Google, Spotify and Stitcher
In Ep. 26 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad Chat Championship Mentality
What Kansas City Beer Are The Fellas Drinking?
- Chad was experiencing technical difficulties so he may sound muffled, called in #oldschool
- Chad went to local brewery BKS and got a large bottle of their double holstein chocolate coconut 8.5%
- Brent is drinking Boulevard Brandy Land, almost 13%. A lovely spiced stout
How Do You Rule Game Night Over Zoom?
- The fellas are giddy not only about being Super Bowl champions but also their respective game night championships
- Brent and his wife and Chad & his wife joined some other couples for a virtual game night of Jackbox.
- Chad and Brent were victorious. Though it’s a dubious distinction. The game basically shows that you’re a good liar: Quiplash is like crazy Madlibs, and Fibbage is head-to-head lying.
- Is lying integral to their respective professions. Marketing? Right next to lawyers and sales people
But The Fellas Aren’t ALL Bad …
- Kansas City Young Audiences held their live Facebook concert event. Goal was to help raise proceeds for independent KC artists. They’ve lost wages from $65 to $80k. Their “Band Together” event raised $28,000.
- Both gents express their curiosity about how local KC mayors can work together on an initial “Stay at Home” order date but the reopen dates are all over the map.
- Update: Past guest Rachel Kennedy from the Iron District shares they will probably be doing their big opening party in late summer, based on smart decisions regarding health and safety.
So … Where’s a Great to Place to Grab Curbside Pickup?
- Though businesses will open back up, there will probably be a limit to how many people will be in one place
- Starting this week, Iron District is offering a family-style meal pick up!
- Joes KC has a great family-style meal program
- J. Alexander in Overland Park, which is now called the Overland Park Grill, has family meals anywhere from $20 to $60 or $70 dollars if you want to go upscale. We’re talking prime rib.
The Kansas City Chiefs Are On The Clock … Who Will They Take?
- Don’t mind picking where we’re picking in 2020 NFL draft … because we are the champions.
- The fellas were getting geeked when talking about possibility of being a landing spot for Henry Ruggs
- Do they really need more offense after putting 21 on the best defense in the league in the last quarter of Super Bowl
- One thing that surprised Brent and Chad is that Chris Johns is still on the roster
- Interesting tidbit in that this Chiefs team might be similar to a 2011 Green Bay Packers team that went 15-1 after a shortened off-season.
- The fellas chat about Gronks return and whether there’s any tread left on those tire (He may to defend his WWE title during NFL season)
- Speaking of WWE, they’re still having shows. It’s interesting because the arenas are empty.
- That may be what our fall may look like with football. It’s sad because Chiefs fans have waited 50 years for them to get their ring, then to see them in an empty Arrowhead Stadium
- Brent’s kids got Becca addicted to Tik Tok.
- Finally, which NFL team is gonna get their virtual draft hacked tonight?
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move …
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call someone who invades your personal space during the coronavirus?”
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep it clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or defamatory information).
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook (and sometimes Instagram — when it works).
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …
- He Says She Says KC Facebook Page and like/follow us if you haven’t already …
- Or … simply subscribe to us and rate us/ leave us a comment on your favorite Podcast platform, such as Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Spotify and Stitcher
- Also check out the He Says She Says KC blog … and subscribe to the newsletter