Whether you step out for a cup or brew it a home, the guys discuss some of our favorite places, stories and roasts centered around the bean that seems to run the world. (Enjoy while you can because in another 30 years, the real stuff may go the way of the Dodo Bird.)
The topic could easily get pretentious, but the boys try to stay focused on how several of their great memories are centered around a coffee outing or why they see it as a way to support small, local business.
So … who is ready to grab a cup? …. (coffee talk starts 20:30 minute mark).
The Hump! Podcast Episode 19 Show Notes – Go Go Juice
If You Missed The First Several Episodes
Miss the first several episodes of The Hump! Show?
- You can watch replays on Facebook. (You also can catch us LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook.)
- Listen to episodes on The Hump! Podcast Archive page
- Subscribe to us (be sure to rate us and leave us a comment, too) on your favorite Podcast platform, such as iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Google, Spotify and Stitcher
In Ep. 19 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad Talk Coffee — Both at Home and On The Road …
But before they discuss coffee, Brent and Chad …
- Share a few toasts while downing a little coffee in the beer with AleSmith Speedway Stout (this is the second time the fellas have enjoyed AleSmith. The San Diego brewery needs to be added to our cross-country brewery tour list).
- Their toasts of the week include …
- #MVPat — The fellas start with the man … NFL MVP Mr. Patrick Mahomes. The first MVP in Chiefs history. Some thought his ceiling to be a poor man’s Brett Favre. Now the likes of Max Kellerman believe Patrick Mahomes to be the most important figure in sports.
- Kansas City icon … KC Superman (Michael Wheeler) as he hangs up his cape. Wheeler is a marathon runner who would run through the streets of KC to promote peace. The boys have had a couple personal, positive encounters with KC Superman, even hooking him up with some U2 tickets. Running around Kansas City all the time Organizers hosted a final big run called Farewell to the Cape.
- Danielle Lehman and the launch of her Open Belly podcast … In short, the show’s about ethnically diverse food in Kansas City and also the families that are running these restaurants. Similarly, NBC News ran an interesting segment about “Eat with Muslims” in Seattle. They make traditional meals and you can learn about their faith.
- K-State beats KU … wins the Big 12 (Yay for Chad. Brent’s not pleased.)
- What we’re up to …
- Kansas City Young Audiences has a lot going on … In particular, you’ll want to check out the TA-DA! Art Benefit at the Buttonwood Art Space.
- Could the Brent and Chad have more going on at Brew Lab than just drinking beer?
- Brent’s producing another show that will launch soon for LinkedIn Local KC.
- Brent and Chad took the wives to KC Brewfest had a fabulous time! (Speaking of Brew Lab, Becca enjoyed not one, not two, but three pours of Brew Lab’s Tinta Davila Mexican Stout. Cheers!)
This Week’s Topic — Go Go Juice
The cafe au lait and beignets at the world famous Cafe Du Monde.
In Their GoGo Juice Discussion, The Fellas:
Take a Kansas City Coffee Tour
What Kansas City coffee joints have been pleasant surprises?
Kansas City coffee joints mentioned in their chat include:
- The Wild Way
- Pirate’s Bone
- Hi Hat Coffee
- Thou Mayest (check out their new concept Cafe Equinox)
- Filling Station
- Kilo Charlie (still open, Chad, but don’t appear to serve La Colombe any longer)
- Cause Coffee
- Hattie’s Coffee
Chat Memorable Coffee or Cafe Experiences
For Brent … his included London’s Camden Market, trying Hemp milk for the first time in Portland Oregon and …
How Chad may have gotten over his La Colombe obsession, but is still social media stalking Todd Carmichael. He just spent all this time on social trying to talk Todd Carmichael into opening a café in KC.
Sadly, because of other family obligations, the fellas missed the U.S. Coffee Championships, which was held in their own Kansas City backyard.
But Perhaps The Best Coffee Destination … Home
If not heading to a cafe, where do you buy good coffee these days? The fellas talk how they
try to support local Kansas City coffee roasters, including Java Brothers, Kansas City’s Best Coffee, and new discovery … Hope Bridges (Use code “LinkedIn” at checkout for 20% off your order.)
And when the guys have to brew at home, what’s the coffee machine of choice? Chad’s been through enough Jura’s, he could have bought a …
As for Brent, he’s cobbled together a solution that allows him to deliver just about any order, but watch for his forthcoming “Post Warranty Review” on his drip machine. He has a love affair with his Bonavita Connoisseur.
And what about the Keurig, you say? The fellas compare notes about whether the Keurig and its K-Cup is the coffee device of the Devil.
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move …
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call someone who gives you a 1 rating on Apple Podcasts after only a single episode?
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep it clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or defamatory information).
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook (and sometimes Instagram — when it works).
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …
- He Says She Says KC Facebook Page and like/follow us if you haven’t already …
- Also check out the He Says She Says KC blog … and subscribe to the newsletter
- Or … simply subscribe to us and rate us/ leave us a comment on your favorite Podcast platform, such as iTunes, SoundCloud, Spotify and Stitcher …