It’s the Bowen Beland weekend. Or is it Beland Bowen?
This year … it’s year eight. And the destination is Seattle.
But before they go, they recount memorable moments from the prior seven years.
In this episode, they talk eating three breakfasts in San Francisco, almost getting struck by lighting in Pennsylvania and hiking our way to a craft beer picnic in Oregon’s Columbia River Gorge region.
As for this week’s round of Triple D, if you’ve been to a little league baseball or YMCA basketball game, you know….
So … now onto the misadventures of the Bowen Beland, Beland Bowen excursions ….
The Hump! Podcast Episode 15 Show Notes – BB8 Seattle
If You Missed The First Several Episodes
Miss the first several episodes of The Hump! Show? You can watch replays on Facebook or listen to them:
- The Hump! Episode 1 – Who Are These Clowns?
- The Hump! Episode 2 – Death & Taxes
- The Hump! Episode 3 – Walk The Earth
- The Hump! Episode 4 – Parenting Ain’t Easy
- The Hump! Episode 5 – Time Warp Again
- The Hump! Episode 6 – Cargo Shorts — The Walking Man Purse
- The Hump! Episode 7 – We Be Landing Soon with guest Cathy Robinson
- The Hump! Episode 8 – We Be Landing Soon, Part Deux with guest Cathy Robinson
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 9 – Won’t You Be My ‘Geeky’ Neighbor?
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 10 – School’s Out for Summer
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 11 – Date Night
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 12 – Fortnite With Gen Z
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 13 – Catch Up
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 14 – Beermageddon
In Ep. 15 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad Chat The Annual Fall Trip …
But before learning all about the annual Beland Bowen, Bowen Beland excursion, they …
- Share several toasts with an AleSmith Evil Dead Read Ale ….
Their toast of the week include …
- Chad’s oldest child celebrating a birthday
- The arrival of Bird Scooters to the Kansas City
- Our former producer’s safe arrival in the state of Colorado
And chat about what they’ve got going on:
- Before they talk travel, they chat about Brent’s lake weekend trip to house of deceased mob enforcer “Willie the Rat” Cammisano.
- A trip to New Axiom Brewing Co.
- Some of the fun happening at the Fringe Festival
- A couple of parties, including “D’s” ½ Birthday
- The 20th Anniversary of Harry Potter. As a result, it’s Harry Potter Day at Science City. Wand making, potion classes and quidditch are all included
- And … who’s ready for Pickleball at Kemper Arena?
This Week’s Topic and Segment — Long Weekend Trips Across the U.S.
In their annual long-weekend trip discussion, Brent and Chad chat:
- They tell people about Bowen Beland / Beland Bowen annual trip. Destinations to date include:
- New York
- San Francisco / Napa
- Portland, Oregon
- Kansas City
- Upcoming: Seattle
- Which of those trips were their respective favorites?
- What were some of the most memorable moments? Examples:
- Dodging lightning and ghosts in New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Taking a picnic at Multnomah Falls
- Visiting the 911 Memorial in New York
- Drinking beer in Minneapolis — We just did a whole episode about beer in Minneapolis (And the sport of “Over 40 Parkour”)
- Sampling wine in Napa wine country
- Taking in a Chiefs game at Big Charlie’s in Philadelphia
- Waiting out the lack of excitement at the Fire on the River in Chicago
The Hump! Prepping for the Long Weekend Trip to Seattle
Segment … BB8 … Seattle!
What are they looking forward to in Seattle?
- Drinking some craft beer, including a stop at Lagunitas Brewing Taproom
- Sporting KC vs. Seattle Sounders at Centurylink
- Hitting some museums, including Chihuly Garden and Glass
- Grabbing a biscuit at Biscuit Bitch
A Quick Pre-Triple D Tangent
Before they launch into Triple D, Chad throws down the gauntlet and posits whether:
There’s a TRIPLE D CHAIN REACTION …
As an example, could a douche move, prompt a dick response that turns everyone into dumbasses. It’s plausible. If you have a scenario, we’d love to hear it.
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move. This episode’s Triple D move.
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call … “The sports parent who thinks their kids going pro?”
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep it clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or defamatory information).
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook (and sometimes Instagram — when it works).
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …