Welcome to The Hump! Podcast …. In episode 25 of The Hump! Podcast: What’s The Sun with KC Solar’s Hunter Hoss … hosts Brent Bowen and Chad Beland offer a special Earth Day episode with KC Solar Co-Owner Hunter Hoss. The musical had serious technical difficulties so we’ll be back at that next week (you know … still trying to show some love to artistic folks).
The fellas continue season two (safely from the confines of their respective homes using Squadcast.fm) chatting about the benefits of renewable energy.
And this episode’s Triple D: Yeah. It’s coronavirus-related — and serious waste of fossil fools. C’mon, man!
The Hump! Podcast Episode 25 Show Notes – What’s the Sun with KC Solar
If You Missed The First Season
Miss the first season or so of The Hump! Show?
- You can watch replays on Facebook. (You also can catch us LIVE 6 p.m. CST most Thursdays on Facebook.)
- Listen to episodes on The Hump! Podcast Archive page
- Subscribe to us (be sure to rate us and leave us a comment, too) on your favorite Podcast platform, such as iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Google, Spotify and Stitcher
In Ep. 25 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad Interview Hunter Hoss from KC Solar
First … the fellas keep things Kansas City-local with Boulevard (Flora Obscura and Space Camper IPA) and Torn Label Alpha Pale Ale beers …
In fact, they start the show a longer than usual beer chat about how local breweries are doing online orderings and curbside pick up. Past guests Danielle Lehman is helping promote not only food, but liquor options with Curbside KC.
Also, another past guest, Alana Gwinner with Eleven Three KC is sharing brewery offerings.
In this segment, Brent drops German-proverb knowledge: “There are no bad beers, there are only better ones.” (According to Producer Sasha — #facts)
Then the fellas discuss whether the apocalypse is the perfect time to buy solar panels from KC Solar …
- Brent checks in with Chad about Blip Roasters and the auction/raffle. Sadly, Chad did win the motorcycle discussed in episode 23. Still, it looks as if Blip raised some funds to help with its shut down of both locations and staff lay off.
- They chat about how the “Stay at Home” order has been extended in Kansas City
- With that and Earth Day coming up, they bring on guest Hunter Hoss, who is the Co-Owner of KC Solar. He can educate them on what the sun actually looks like.
- Interestingly, with this apocalypse going on, the fellas want to know how solar panels fit into the equation for a survivalist? Hunter offers how solar panels and windmills even could be good sources of electricity for the budding survivalist. The key question: Will your HOA allow it. (Yes, there are residential windmills.)
- What are benefits of having solar panels? Hunter discusses the pros of owning your own electricity generation and how solar panels pay for themselves. Your utility is likely to raise electrical rates on an annual bases so think of solar panels as locking in your own rates.
- Still, even before adding solar panels, Hunter talks about other home improvements homeowners should look at first. Homeowners should tackle other energy efficient efforts to reduce their energy usage.
- Then, if you don’t use as much electricity, you don’t need as many solar panels
- What’s one of the craziest things Hunter has done in the name of renewable energy?
(Hint: He’s still mowing his lawn.)
- People can find Hunter at KCSolar.net. They’ve been in business for three years and they’ve been in the industry for year. You also can follow them on Facebook.
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move …
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call a someone who is drives 125 mph in a 60 to 65 mph zone because they believe the police have bigger matters to take care of?”
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep it clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or defamatory information).
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook (and sometimes Instagram — when it works).
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …
- He Says She Says KC Facebook Page and like/follow us if you haven’t already …
- Or … simply subscribe to us and rate us/ leave us a comment on your favorite Podcast platform, such as Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Spotify and Stitcher
- Also check out the He Says She Says KC blog … and subscribe to the newsletter