Welcome to The Hump! Podcast … In episode 39 of The Hump! Podcast: Drink KC … The fellas are back again with guests, Roxi Quinn and Cory Philips from the podcast Drink KC. They chat about the craft beer community, strange brewery stories, and being on the bottling line at Restless Spirits.
The fellas continue season three, finally recording in person, which you can catch on Facebook… chatting all things inane and profound (have you actually listened to the show).
And this episode’s Triple D: What do you call someone who proses a drinking game they know they are good at?
The Hump! Podcast Episode 39 Show Notes – Drink KC
If You Missed The First Two Seasons
Miss the first season or so of The Hump! Show?
- You can watch replays on Facebook. (You also can catch us LIVE 6 p.m. CST most Thursdays on Facebook.)
- Listen to episodes on The Hump! Podcast Archive page.
- Subscribe to us (be sure to rate us and leave us a comment, too) on your favorite Podcast platform, such as iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Google, Spotify and Stitcher.
In Ep. 39 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad along with guests Roxi and Cory chat about the craft brewing industry and tell some strange stories! What Craft Beers Are The Fellas Drinking?
- Chad and Brent are drinking another Manhattan KS beer from Tall Grass Taphouse called Wicked Awesome Bro.
- Our guests Roxi and Cory are drinking Overtone, a Hoppy Wheat from Strange Days Brewing from the River Market area of KC.
As part of our drink series, we wanted to invite some friends of the program onto the show …
Roxi Quinn and Cory Phillips are the Drink KC team! Their podcast highlights Kansas City’s craft breweries … wineries … and distilleries. They talk about where they are in town … how they came to be … and the drinks they have to offer the scene. New episodes are released on Mondays.
Last time we talked about what has you discouraged, now what has you encouraged about the craft beer community?
- Cory says the demand is always there and everyone has been doing really well even in these COVID times. Roxi mentions how supportive the community is. Even the breweries are very supportive and even collaborative with each other. These collaborations are a win-win for them and the community!
How was your Restless Spirits visit?
- Roxi talks about getting to be part of the bottling crew at Restless Spirits. She says, they just signed up and showed up and they gave them pizza, then put them to work. They got to be part of their bottling line for a few hours, filling and capping, rinsing, and then boxing and labeling them. Since Cory’s day job is in manufacturing he was very concerned that they were being efficient! They then got to bring home a bottle of whiskey. Brent has been trying to get a group together to do the same experience. He is very excited about it, especially getting to take some of the whiskey home!
What’s the strangest thing you’ve seen at a drinking establishment?
- Cory says the craziest drink they’ve ever seen was from a tiny place in Blue Springs called Wind Shift Brewing. There they had an Okra Beer and while it took a while to get used to they eventually really liked it. Roxi says this brewery always has different odd beers like this on its menu.
- Roxi thought of an odd event that occurred at breweries. Once at a place called Three Trails Brewery in Independence a guy named Ziggy kept telling them that every beer there was the best beer ever and basically became their best friend by the end of the night. However, when they went back to Three Trails a while later they saw him and he had no clue who they were!
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent, Chad, Roxi, and Cory play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move …
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call someone who proposes a drinking game that they know they’re good at?“
Roxi and Cory came up with this week’s Triple D and it makes Brent and Chad question when the last time they played a drinking game was. They recall playing Beer Pong and “Presidents and Assholes” not too long ago. The fellas came to a pretty easy agreement on which of the D’s this would be. Did you come to the same conclusion? Listen to the podcast to find out!
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …
- He Says She Says KC Facebook Page and like/follow us if you haven’t already …
- Or … simply subscribe to us and rate us/ leave us a comment on your favorite Podcast platform, such as Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Spotify and Stitcher
- Also check out the He Says She Says KC blog … and subscribe to the newsletter