Welcome to The Hump! Podcast …. In episode 29 of The Hump! Podcast: Chicken … Now Mentals With Jessie Jacob … hosts Brent Bowen and Chad Beland talk with Culture Guru, Innovation Maven (Innovation Queen) and Podcast Producer for Professional AF … Jessie Jacob. Inspired by a special, virtual clip from Marshawn Lynch, we chat organizational culture, mental health during the coronavirus pandemic and the benefits of authenticity and vulnerability.
The Hump! Podcast Episode 29 Show Notes – Chicken … Now Mentals With Jessie Jacob
If You Missed The First Season
Miss the first season or so of The Hump! Show?
- You can watch replays on Facebook. (You also can catch us LIVE 6 p.m. CST most Thursdays on Facebook.)
- Listen to episodes on The Hump! Podcast Archive page
- Subscribe to us (be sure to rate us and leave us a comment, too) on your favorite Podcast platform, such as iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Google, Spotify and Stitcher
In Ep. 29 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad Chat Organizational Culture, Mental Health & More
What Craft Beers Are The Fellas Drinking?
- Jessie is having a gatorade. Jessie is working with a nutritionist and is off alcohol right now.
Chad is drinking an Alma Mader Brewing Company Mirror Line (what Jordan was drinking in Ep. 27)
Brent finishes off the Boulevard Space Camper saga with the Lotus Aura
Our Inspiration for Chicken … Now Mentals?
How Did You Feel Producing a Podcast?
What Culture Organizations Are in Kansas City Creating Better Environments?
How Has the Coronavirus Pandemic Opened Up The Idea of Vulnerability in The Workplace?
Many are Changing. How Do You Begin to Change The Culture at a Company?
If we don’t align on who we are, where we are going and what’s important to us there’s a lot of room for misinterpretation.
How Has The Balancing Act of Reopening Work Places Affected Organizational Culture?
- You are not “working from home”, you are “at your home, during a crisis, trying to work”
- Your personal physical, mental, and emotional health is far more important than anything else right now.
- You should not try to compensate for lost productivity by working longer hours.
- You will be kind to yourself and not judge how you are coping based on how you see others coping.
- You will be kind to others and not judge how they are coping based on how you are coping.
- Your team’s success will not be measured the same way it was when things were normal.
The Hump! Music Guest
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move …
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call someone who requires and plans mandatory fun?”
Considering we can hypothetically spend more time with our co-workers already than loved ones, this struck a real nerve with our hosts.
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep it clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or defamatory information).
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook (and sometimes Instagram — when it works).
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …
- He Says She Says KC Facebook Page and like/follow us if you haven’t already …
- Or … simply subscribe to us and rate us/ leave us a comment on your favorite Podcast platform, such as Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Spotify and Stitcher
- Also check out the He Says She Says KC blog … and subscribe to the newsletter