Though Brent and Chad are both skeptics, the twenty-something travel blogger shares how going it alone on some independent travel has its advantages. And what the heck is intentional travel? Is that like not accidental travel?
Color the fellas a bit perplexed. But their first guest explains all and extols the wisdom of her traveling ways.
Along the way, she also offers some tips from her favorite destinations. She’s already ventured to 18 countries, including Europe (England and Spain multiple times), Iceland, Mexico, Thailand and 49 of our great U.S. states.
So time for another episode … fasten your seat belts for Part 1 of the guys conversation with Cathy Robinson to see if independent travel is for you.
The Hump! Podcast Episode 7 Show Notes – Talking Independent Travel With Cathy Robinson, The Girl Who Goes (Part 1)
If You Missed The First Several Episodes
Miss the first several episodes of The Hump! Show? You can watch replays on Facebook or listen to them:
- The Hump! Episode 1 – Who Are These Clowns?
- The Hump! Episode 2 – Death & Taxes
- The Hump! Episode 3 – Walk The Earth
- The Hump! Episode 4 – Parenting Ain’t Easy
- The Hump! Episode 5 – Time Warp Again
- The Hump! Episode 6 – Cargo Shorts — The Walking Man Purse
In Ep. 7 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad Talking Independent Travel … WE BE LANDING SOON
The two buddies who like to drink a lot of craft beer together, entertain their first guest and talk one of their favorite topics — travel.
But before sharing a pint with The Girl Who Goes, the fellas …
- Sample beer from one of their wives’ favorite breweries — Oskar Blues out of Longmont, Colorado. Their beer of week is Oskar Blues Death by Coconut.
- They provide their Toasts of The Week …
- Brent gives a shout out to his “Up Next!” post participants.
- With Becca’s murder porn addiction, Brent toasts the California state authorities for catching the Golden State Killer.
- Chad toasts his “blackjack” wedding anniversary to his wife, Dianne.
- Our first guest (to appear in episode 7) … Cathy Robinson from The Girl Who Goes … talking travel!
- And chat about what they’ve been up to the last couple of weeks?
- The fellas are getting there with old KC Tap Tour (Sadly. Season or Session 2 is now over)? Both of the guys (and THE WIVES) head out for a Sunday of the KC Tap Tour Season 2 “catch-up” consumption plan. And in the process, they enjoyed some not-so-serious bluegrass music from The Matchsellers at Stockyards Brewing Company. BTW … get your music on nearly every Sunday with bluegrass Stockyards. How about some intentional travel there.
- Brent lauds the efficiency of the planning and friendliness of the volunteers at the Johnson County Recycling Extravaganza!
- And geek on what are they looking forward to this week?
- A vision of seeing AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR multiple times! At least for Brent. Chad would rather they all STAY DEAD and not pull a John Snow.
- And again … loving the contributions to Brent and Becca’s Up Next! series …
- In the guys first interview (our first who goes there podcast), the boys discuss:
- How independent travel expert Cathy Robinson single-handedly took on the Mexican drug cartel.
- What is independent travel anyway? And what is intentional travel?
- Why independent travel can be a great deal of fun and rewarding experience?
- A discussion on the ethics of riding Elephants in Thailand …
- What to pack for independent travel and the importance of being able to survive two weeks solely with one backpack.
- How Brent and Chad’s initial trips together included CB radios and making purchases on Yahoo.
- How excited everyone is for the direct flights from Kansas City to Iceland and some fun things to do while there.
- And to cap things off … they reflect on the warm and fuzzies of airline travel, i.e. some bad airline experiences …
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move. This episode’s Triple D move. And it’s travel-related at that:
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call … “Someone who cuts off people – jumping ahead rows – when exiting the plane?”
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep it clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or defamatory information).
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook (and sometimes Instagram — when it works). We try to keep the show to NO MORE than 45 minutes live and 30 minutes in replay.
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook, YouTube (near future) and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …