If you missed the first part of our conversation, visit The Hump! Episode 7 – We Be Landing Soon with guest Cathy Robinson.
The twenty-something travel blogger shares some travel tips and highlights of her favorite travel destinations.
She’s already ventured to 18 countries, including Europe (England and Spain multiple times), Iceland, Mexico, Thailand and 49 of our great U.S. states.
So … fasten your seat belts for Part 2 of the guys conversation with Cathy Robinson to see if independent travel is for you.
The Hump! Podcast Episode 8 Show Notes – Talking Travel Tips With Cathy Robinson, The Girl Who Goes (Part 2)
If You Missed The First Several Episodes
Miss the first several episodes of The Hump! Show? You can watch replays on Facebook or listen to them:
- The Hump! Episode 1 – Who Are These Clowns?
- The Hump! Episode 2 – Death & Taxes
- The Hump! Episode 3 – Walk The Earth
- The Hump! Episode 4 – Parenting Ain’t Easy
- The Hump! Episode 5 – Time Warp Again
- The Hump! Episode 6 – Cargo Shorts — The Walking Man Purse
- The Hump! Episode 7 – We Be Landing Soon with guest Cathy Robinson
In Ep. 8 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad Talking Travel Tips … WE BE LANDING SOON, PART DEUX
The two buddies who like to drink a lot of craft beer together, entertain their first guest and talk one of their favorite topics — travel tips.
But before sharing a pint with The Girl Who Goes, the fellas …
- Sample beer from one of Brent’s favorite breweries — Rogue out of Oregon. Their beer of week is Rogue’s Cold Brew IPA.
- They provide their Toasts of The Week …
- To Chad’s daughter for graduating high school and surprising him last-minute with a high school awards ceremony (Hey, it was catered by Olive Garden).
- A friend who is about ready to have his second child — at nearly 45.
- Brent’s new chair — and how Chad likes to steal chairs from guests.
- How Brent’s lost four pounds courtesy of Becca’s new meal planning.
- And chat about what they’ve been up to the last couple of weeks?
- Chad and wife Dianne’s adventures at Zip KC.
- And geek on what are they looking forward to this week?
- Mother’s Day and how you should not take your mother-in-law to an escape room, particularly those with mirrors. (Not familiar with an escape game? You’re locked in a room and work together with others to solve clues so you can get out in less than 60 minutes. These can make for great team building activities. But if you’re already family …. We’ve been to an escape room in Kansas City at Breakout KC and Tick Tock.)
- Our next guest … Angie Pedersen from KC Geeks.
- Laughing at Chad’s travel trips and recaps of his favorite destinations, including Amsterdam and his Italy dessert faux pas, and how bad things always seem to happen after he leaves a city.
This Week’s Topic — Travel Tips and Destinations With … With Cathy Robinson, The Girl Who Goes
- In the guys second interview, the boys discuss:
- A reminder of the ethics of riding Elephants in Thailand … (But it’s okay in Westworld apparently).
- How she loves road trips with her family.
- How excited everyone is for the direct flights from Kansas City to Iceland and some fun things to do while there, such as the Blue Lagoon Spa. (Will the water make more of Brent’s hair fall out?)
- How many Europeans are in speedos at this joint?
- The need to prepare for how expensive Iceland is … hear how Cathy uses Fish & Chips as a baseline.
- How being on Iceland is like being on Mars.
- Where Cathy’s traveled where she’s felt the most like a fish out of water (Thailand meal times — customs related to food).
- Her go-to travel tips, including her mental health kit for nervous parents.
- What to pack for independent travel and the importance of being able to survive two weeks solely with one backpack.
- What airline bathroom etiquette should look like.
- And speaking of sanitation, would Cathy allow Chad to open one of her beverages with his Reef flip flops built-in bottle opener?
- Then we devolve into Chad’s skills in opening wine with his shoes.
- And to cap things off … she dispels some myths about traveling to Mexico …
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move. This episode’s Triple D move. And it’s travel-related at that:
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call … “Someone who leans their plane seat back ALL THE WAY BACK in coach?”
And … according to Chad … some companies make (or used to make) devices block people from reclining their seat back. Some travel tips are just too good to be true.
… or should the Triple D have been … “Someone takes pics of their ‘friend’ sleeping on a plane because you’re jealous you can’t?”
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep it clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or defamatory information).
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook (and sometimes Instagram — when it works). We try to keep the show to NO MORE than 45 minutes live and 30 minutes in replay.
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook, YouTube (near future) and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …