In this inaugural episode … Brent Bowen and Chad Beland introduce themselves, The Hump! Podcast (and corresponding video shows). They review the topics they’ll cover — cool dad cargo shorts, anyone? — talk a little Boulevardia beer festival, and play our first round of Triple D: What do you call someone who drives SLOW in the fast lane?
In each The Hump! Podcast episode … they’ll tell tales and share in experiences about … again … how to get one over in this thing called life.
The Hump! Podcast Episode 1 Show Notes
Brent and Chad Introduce Themselves
- Brent’s 1/2 of the HeSaysSheSaysKC Blog
- He’s a former Co-Host and Executive Producer of Adventures In Scifi Publishing (iTunes)
- He runs his own marketing company
- Enjoys serving on the Board of Directors for Kansas City Young Audiences
- And he drinks A LOT of Craft Beer with Chad …
- Chad likes to drink beer with Brent
- Has two teenage daughters (help him!)
- Says he’s not as ambitious as Brent
- Chad and his wife LOVE to travel
- Is smart with his money (this is Brent adding this about him, so when he talks money — listen)
Why Chad And Brent Started The Hump! Podcast
Chad says they started the show because Brent asked him to, but there’s more …
They want to share inspiring stories and have some fun. Along the way, they want to recognize others who otherwise might not get recognition for the cool sh*$ they do.
What Topics Will They Cover on the The Hump! Podcast
Brent and Chad think they’re cool dads, so they’re going to cover a lot of ground. They’ll chat:
- Getting old
- Raising daughters … and Brent both a daughter and a son
- Getting fat
- Cool dad? (We like to think that we are cool, but their kids would likely — definitely— say otherwise)
- Hair growing in places they don’t want(ear, nose, going gray, balding, etc.)
- Fashion — really just their affinity for cargo shorts
- Tastes for the finer things (they drank Keystone 20 years ago, now they wouldn’t clean the driveway with it)
- Coffee as a food group
- Getting fixed
- Getting laid off
- Travel — Our Yearly Trip
- And perhaps their favorite subject … Craft Beer. They’ll discuss lots and lots of Craft Beer (We’ll Feature A Brewery of the Week) — The inaugural week’s beer and brewery of the week are Boulevard Brewing Co. and their Whiskey Barrel Stout.
Every So Often … They’ll Have Guests on The Hump! Podcast
The Hump! Podcast will definitely have guests.
So … they’ll chat with people from all backgrounds … whether they choose to leisurely walk the earth, shoot it from behind a camera or scramble for that next connecting flight.
When they bring someone on, they’ll look not only for people from all walks of life, but those who challenge the status quo and inspire them. Oh … and they’ll look for people who make them laugh. Because that’s really important.
And You Won’t Want to Miss Every Episode’s Game of “Triple D”
To close each episode of The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad will have quick Triple D discussion.
So … what’s Triple D?
We throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move. This first episode’s Triple D move:
Someone who drives SLOW in the fast lane on the highway?
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or information).
What’s The Hump! Podcast’s Format
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook. The show will definitely land within the adult attention deficit window — SO NO MORE than 45 minutes.
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook, YouTube (near future) and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness). The replays will likely be edited down to between 15-30 minutes for optimal consumption.
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
First, thanks for checking them out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …