They discuss not only how parenting has changed from when they were raised but also how the trials of parenting move from physical to mental as the kids get older. And what do you do when your kids realize you don’t have all the answers?
The Hump! Podcast Episode 4 Show Notes – Parenting Ain’t Easy
If You Missed The First Several Episodes
Miss the first several episodes of The Hump! Show? You can watch replays on Facebook or listen to them:
- The Hump! Episode 1 – Who Are These Clowns?
- The Hump! Episode 2 – Death & Taxes
- The Hump! Episode 3 – Walk The Earth
In Ep. 4 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad Profess … Parenting Ain’t Easy:
The two buddies who like to drink a lot of craft beer together, talk how … parenting ain’t easy. New or seasoned parent … you might enjoy the boys’ take on how to rear a child WITHOUT corporal punishment. But before the wisdom starts …
- Brent and Chad’s Beer/Brewery of the Week is … Deschutes Black Butte Porter. Out of Bend, Oregon, the beer brings back some fond memories for the fellas (see about their Oregon adventures including beer drinking at the Multnomah Falls.) Deschutes is also a popular choice on both Brent & Chad’s Untappd accounts.
- Their Toasts of The Week …
- One of Becca’s family members who is battling cancer and just came out of successful surgery
- A career minor league 30-plus year old basketball player Andre Ingram makes his LA Lakers debut — there’s HOPE FOR US ALL …
- What they’ve been up to the last couple of weeks?
- What are they looking forward to this week?
This Week’s Topic — Parenting Ain’t Easy
- With Chad’s oldest child heading off to college soon … the fellas take on the topic of parenting. In this The Hump! episode, the boy’s discuss:
- How has parenting changed?
- Why kids are physically draining (tiring) when they’re young but as they age it becomes a mental game.
- How I always thought my parents had all the answers but when you become a parent you realize they were winging it.
- Parenting is tough … now we understand why parents go for a little payback from when we were shits …
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move. This episode’s Triple D move:
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call someone who thinks everyone else is there maid at work, e.g. leaves dishes in the sink, pisses on the toilet seat and leaves it, etc.?
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep it clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or defamatory information).
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook. The show runs NO MORE than 45 minutes live and 30 minutes in replay.
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook, YouTube (near future) and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …