Or does he? Could it be that a pug and some teenagers have replaced him?
We at least keep him on this episode because, after all, he hit England, Ireland, France and the Netherlands!
So the fellas talk Chad’s trip to Europe and all the beer festivals he missed while away. They also talk the phenomena of Gaga ball, Lebron James to the Lakers and the show chaos that transpired during his absence.
As for this week’s round of Triple D, it’s the brother-in-law special. You don’t want to miss it.
So … now that Chad is back, he has a few things to say ….
The Hump! Podcast Episode 13 Show Notes – Catch Up
If You Missed The First Several Episodes
Miss the first several episodes of The Hump! Show? You can watch replays on Facebook or listen to them:
- The Hump! Episode 1 – Who Are These Clowns?
- The Hump! Episode 2 – Death & Taxes
- The Hump! Episode 3 – Walk The Earth
- The Hump! Episode 4 – Parenting Ain’t Easy
- The Hump! Episode 5 – Time Warp Again
- The Hump! Episode 6 – Cargo Shorts — The Walking Man Purse
- The Hump! Episode 7 – We Be Landing Soon with guest Cathy Robinson
- The Hump! Episode 8 – We Be Landing Soon, Part Deux with guest Cathy Robinson
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 9 – Won’t You Be My ‘Geeky’ Neighbor?
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 10 – School’s Out for Summer
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 11 – Date Night
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 12 – Fortnite With Gen Z
In Ep. 13 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad Talk Europe!
But before learning all about the Chad’s trip to Europe, they …
- Share several toasts with a Swedish beer from Omnipollo. Their beer of the week is Omnipollo Aniara.
They provide their Toasts of The Week to …
- Chad celebrating a birthday …
- Our buddy Hunter — He’s a new dad! Congratulations!
And chat about what they’ve got going on:
- So … what birthday plans does Chad have this weekend that he doesn’t know about … how about throwing axes at Blade & Timber! (And an awkward discussion about what throwing axes is like …)
- How Middle of the Map needs to be part of the weekend plans
- This game Brent knew nothing about, but now — after summer camp — his daughter “D” wants a Gaga Ball pit (YouTube explanation via Bob’s Burgers)
This Week’s Topic and Segment— Catch Up About Chad’s Trip to Europe
In the travel discussion, Brent and Chad chat:
European Travel and House Guests
- What was the favorite European destination? Amsterdam and Ireland top Chad’s list but not for the reasons one might think. Natural selection factors into his love for one attraction.
- While traveling, Chad encounters the Ep. 7 Triple D scenario not once … not twice …
- How long should house guests stay? There is the fish rule. And a season of house guests will more than test this at Brent’s house.
- But Brent and a buddy were able to escape to a favorite beer and music festival …
Brent’s Trip to Boulevardia
- They talk Bou Lou — The Tech N9ne / Boulevard Brewing collaboration. Unfortunately, Brent missed the Tech N9ne beer pour, but caught his show (and it impressed)
- Despite the heat, which is a stable of the festival, Brent really enjoyed Quixotic, Madisen Ward and The Mama Bear, and Machester Orchestra.
- How long does it take to wait out an Uber price surge? The fellas can tell you.
- Special shout out to the fellas at the Can City Podcast for the comped tickets
Pre-Triple D Tangents
Before they truly get into Triple D, Brent and Chad chat:
- How they feel about Lebron James joining the LA Lakers (Brent wears his Cleveland Cavaliers T-shirt in protest)
- Brent thanks everyone who contributed to his Kansas City Young Audiences (KCYA) fund drive
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move. This episode’s Triple D move. And it’s travel-related at that:
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call … “Someone who heads to the bar or the restroom when the check comes to avoid paying their portion of the check?”
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep it clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or defamatory information).
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook (and sometimes Instagram — when it works).
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …