In this episode, we meet Brent’s MUCH better half, Becca. We discuss Becca’s favorite (and least favorite) things, our travel plans to Big Cedar Lodge and Seattle, and her unhealthy obsession with true crime television — or Murder Porn as it’s commonly called.
And if you love pugs, this is the episode for you because a certain infamous pug makes a guest appearance. How loud does a pug snore? You’ll find out why this plump creature has saved our marriage.
Amidst all of this official fun, Becca outs both Brent and a neighbor’s bad behavior. From soaking dishes to parking faux pas, she doesn’t leave a stone unturned.
Becca’s in THE HOUSE! No one is safe from her scrutiny ….
The Hump! Podcast Episode 11 Show Notes – Date Night
If You Missed The First Several Episodes
Miss the first several episodes of The Hump! Show? You can watch replays on Facebook or listen to them:
- The Hump! Episode 1 – Who Are These Clowns?
- The Hump! Episode 2 – Death & Taxes
- The Hump! Episode 3 – Walk The Earth
- The Hump! Episode 4 – Parenting Ain’t Easy
- The Hump! Episode 5 – Time Warp Again
- The Hump! Episode 6 – Cargo Shorts — The Walking Man Purse
- The Hump! Episode 7 – We Be Landing Soon with guest Cathy Robinson
- The Hump! Episode 8 – We Be Landing Soon, Part Deux with guest Cathy Robinson
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 9 – Won’t You Be My ‘Geeky’ Neighbor?
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 10 – School’s Out for Summer
In Ep. 11 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Becca Plan a Date Night — And It’s Crashed!
But before learning all about Becca, the married couple of nearly 19 years …
- Share several toasts with a beer from standout Kansas City brewery Big Rip Brewing Co. Their beer of the week is Big Rip Brewing Co. 237 Milk Stout.
They provide their Toasts of The Week …
- To Becca’s Mom for having a fun, successful trip with her “Bridge Group.” (The past few non-Bridge Group vacations hadn’t been so glorious.)
- A number of friend and family birthdays, including their son’s, which makes him eligible to start driving more regularly. (Heaven help everyone!)
- The AMC Theatre assistant manager who so gracefully handled the jerk during a screening of SOLO.
- First Fridays and the work of Melissa McCracken at The Blue Gallery. See Melissa McCracken’s INCANDESCENSE Exhibit.
And chat about what they’ve got going on:
This Week’s Topic and Segment— Date Night (Not Really).
In the Date Night discussion, Brent and Becca chat:
True Crime Television
- Brent keeps Date Night simple to start and then dives right into Becca’s unhealthy obsession with true-crime television — or “murder porn” as some like to call it.
- Phoggy the Pug joins into the fun, sharing his insights (SNORE!)
- Becca chats about her job working for the airlines and some of the crazy food preparation that goes into chartered flights.
- Then groans heard from around the house about the pros and cons of her flight benefits.
Summer Family Visits and Trips
- They discuss their summer of family invasion (in late June and early August) and travel. This includes a trip to Big Cedar Lodge. Brent’s particularly excited about Big Cedar Lodge’s new attraction, Fun Mountain, which features a Pitfall-style ropes course (i.e. the area below is filled with the peril of alligators and pythons) … and go-karts.
- The highlight really is a trip to Seattle. What do you do in Seattle? Becca simply wants a house boat.
Her Hatred of Feet AND a Brent Pet Peeve
- Even though Chad’s in Europe, he’s still torturing Becca. She can’t stand feet. Why do people hate feet? She explains why and how she would never let Chad use his flip-flop bottle opener on her beer.
- Becca admits to marrying Brent only because his feet “weren’t bad.” And despite her love for her children, even they can’t escape her foot scorn.
- At this point, with nothing to lose, Brent asks the question that could dig him into a serious hole: What is the one thing your spouse does that absolutely drives you crazy? It has to do with a sink. And dishes. Of course, Brent’s Mom has to chime in on the proceedings via live chat.
Family Fun and Games
- Date Night wouldn’t be complete without some talk of the family dinner table. The couple play a round of the family dinner table game, “what was the best part of your day … and the worst part?”
- On a scale of 1 to 10, Becca shares her thoughts about co-hosting The Hump!
- And finally … little known fact, Becca is the originator of Triple D. She explains its creation. Then, we of course play a round …
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move. This episode’s Triple D move. And it’s travel-related at that:
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call … “Someone who parks in your driveway (the middle no less) and is put out when you ask them to move so you can get out of your garage?“
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep it clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or defamatory information).
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook (and sometimes Instagram — when it works).
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …