The beer blizzard is coming in — it’s a craft beer extravaganza!
The fellas road trip to Minnesota for Minneapolis craft beer. The scene is amazing, as they share their experiences from more than a dozen craft breweries.
In this episode, they also talk axe throwing, the Western Auto sign lighting, soccer and hotel room fires.
As for this week’s round of Triple D, it’s something that could quite easily happen at the Mall of America — not that we went — or after Boulevardia. We do talk about that dangerous experience.
So … now onto our Minneapolis Beermageddon ….
The Hump! Podcast Episode 14 Show Notes – Beermageddon
If You Missed The First Several Episodes
Miss the first several episodes of The Hump! Show? You can watch replays on Facebook or listen to them:
- The Hump! Episode 1 – Who Are These Clowns?
- The Hump! Episode 2 – Death & Taxes
- The Hump! Episode 3 – Walk The Earth
- The Hump! Episode 4 – Parenting Ain’t Easy
- The Hump! Episode 5 – Time Warp Again
- The Hump! Episode 6 – Cargo Shorts — The Walking Man Purse
- The Hump! Episode 7 – We Be Landing Soon with guest Cathy Robinson
- The Hump! Episode 8 – We Be Landing Soon, Part Deux with guest Cathy Robinson
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 9 – Won’t You Be My ‘Geeky’ Neighbor?
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 10 – School’s Out for Summer
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 11 – Date Night
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 12 – Fortnite With Gen Z
- The Hump! Podcast Episode 13 – Catch Up
In Ep. 14 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad Chat Minneapolis Craft Beer!
But before learning all about the guys’ last-minute Minneapolis vacation for a lot of craft beer, they …
- Share several toasts with a Minneapolis craft beer special … Modist Brewing Co. … Let’s Go, Daddy-O! Double IPA.
They provide their Toasts of The Week to …
- Another round for Chad celebrating his birthday and his axe throwing skills at Blade & Timber! (We especially love the place because they constantly run ESPN “the Ocho” and lumberjack games.)
- Our buddies Hunter and wife Renee — We saw their new addition this past week. Congratulations!
- Fringe Beerworks for hosting Christmas in July … and having Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout on tap
- Becca’s nap time
- The Western Auto lights (the art and bulb deal would make a great gift)
And chat about what they’ve got going on:
- Brent’s nephew is invading — so trouble won’t be far behind
- Annual “The Pitch’s Best of KC” Awards …
- Watching some championship soccer
- Laughing at G’s friend thinks Brent sounds like DMX
This Week’s Topic and Segment — Minneapolis Craft Beer
In the Minneapolis craft beer discussion, Brent and Chad chat:
- The fellas discuss the old man game of stair-step travel
- The idea of hotel kitchenettes sound good in theory until … hotel room fire
- Anybody got a beer list? Weird buildings and digital beer boards make for the best experiences
- How Chad’s birthday let to an empty cooler and some 30-odd crowlers returning home from Minnesota
- Need breakfast? Mullets in Des Moines is a must stop for some morning road fuel.
- We want the equivalent of Crowler Magazine in Kansas City
- World Cup Soccer
- Feather Bowling at Pryes Brewing Company — this is where they’ll find our Olympic team when they make it an Olympic sport (Think bocce ball but with a large wooden wheel and a feather instead of the small ball marker.)
- The Surly space, particularly the outdoor was something to behold
- The sport of “Over 40 Parkour”
- Perhaps their favorite beer space … Dangerous Man made Brent’s Top 10 last year. Hear why …
The Hump! Minneapolis Beermageddon
- Fair State Brewing Cooperative
- HeadFlyer Brewing
- Surly Brewing Co.
- Dangerous Man Brewing Company
- Fulton Brewing
- Pryes Brewing Company
- Boom Island Brewing Company
- Indeed Brewing Company
- The Freehouse
- Inbound Brew Co.
- Finnegans Brew Co.
- MacKenzie Pub
- City Works
- Modist Brewing Co.
A Quick Pre-Triple D Tangent
Before they launch into Triple D, Chad throws down the gauntlet and posits whether:
There’s a TRIPLE D CHAIN REACTION …
As an example, could a douche move, prompt a dick response that turns everyone into dumbasses. It’s plausible. If you have a scenario, we’d love to hear it.
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move. This episode’s Triple D move. And it’s travel-related at that:
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call … “Someone who walks wide on the sidewalk so you have to jump into the grass — or worse — the street?”
We discuss that this is a common problem at shopping malls, too, especially Minneapolis’ Mall of America. Not that we hit shopping malls very often.
We discuss and debate on the show, but feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments (keep it clean folks, as they reserve the right to delete any personal attacks or defamatory information).
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
You can watch Brent and Chad LIVE 7 p.m. CST most Wednesdays on Facebook (and sometimes Instagram — when it works).
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …